Visa Jobs in New York , Visa software jobs in New York, Visa jobs in Austin , Visa software jobs in Austin , jobs in USA
Visa | Senior Software Engineer – Network Processing | Austin, TX
Company : VISA
Location : Austin, TX
Role : Senior Software Engineer – Network Processing
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second.
The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Engineer is part of the Clearing and Settlement Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Software Engineering efforts for the Clearing and Settlement (CAS) System, one of Visa’s largest revenue generating platform and work with other peer engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
• Develop programs for enhancing Visa’s critical Clearing and Settlement systems.
• Collaborate with business units and technical staff to design appropriate solutions.•Evaluate options and provide recommendations on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
• Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
• Build and maintain effective relationships across disciplines in order to provide superior product support.
• Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy demonstrating re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
• Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
• 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
• Experience in development in a CI/CD environment and familiarity with CI/CD tools is required.
• Experience in MicroServices development is a plus
• Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
• Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
• Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Apply before link expires
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.