Splunk Software Engineer-Remote OK
Full Job Description
Splunk Cloud Infrastructure Team
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk Software Engineer-Remote OK. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS, GCP and Kubernetes presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we’re looking for
Splunk’s Cloud group is looking for a Software Engineer to help lead, design and develop continuous build and delivery for Cloud Infrastructure.You will be working on services and tooling to empower Splunk engineers to build, test, and deliver products to the cloud.
What you provide
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you’ll have the opportunity to understand the code and features. You’ll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be passionate about your projects.
- Cloud and container experience. Building and scaling secure container services on different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS.
- Drive for automation. You constantly consider, “How can I automate this manual process!”. In this role, you will work on automating CICD pipelines.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python to Shell. In this position you’ll be mostly using Go.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You know continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. Capable in debugging through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it’s how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don’t expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.