Microsoft Hiring for software engineer jobs , Microsoft jobs in Washington , software jobs in Redmond, jobs in Redmond, software vacancies in Redmond
Software Engineer | Microsoft |Redmond, WA
Location: Redmond, WA
We are seeking a motivated software engineer who is passionate about working in cloud-scale distributed systems spanning hundreds of thousands of nodes. The candidate will work on building and maintaining cloud services/software stack that monitor and manage cloud hardware – monitoring health of the cloud, taking smart actions on hardware health events and improving overall cloud hardware availability and performance. Towards this, the candidate would work on both windows-based and linux-based device software stack and C#/C/Python/Scripting knowledge will be relevant. The candidate will leverage of open source community (open compute project) and contribute back to the community with useful additions.
• Develop linux/windows-based service stack (C, C#)
• Monitor health and performance of the management service in production
• Work with customers to learn live site issues and translate them in to new feature asks or bug fixes
• Bachelors Degree or Higher preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 2 or more years of experience in C Programming
• Knowledgeable in C#/object-oriented, Python and scripting languages
• Skilled in user-mode multi-threaded programming
• Knowledgeable in user-kernel mode interfaces
• Good communications skills for understanding what features and for describing findings
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.