OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
Sr. Software Developer
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANYTogether Carbonite and Webroot form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit and our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our exciting team of professionals. The primary mandate will be to help ensure that our customers receive the highest quality product from us with a high level of effective threat detection. The SDETs here are able to understand and debug our software, automate repetitive tasks and implement software to streamline our quality processes. They also work with a team using Agile development methodologies as the automation and development teams work hand in hand to deliver quality features each sprint. This is a very unique and challenging role as it combines the building aspect of software design with the testing aspect of software engineering lifecycles.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Six Months:
• Welcome to the team and introduction to the product and team development workflows and processes
• Work with the team to review, test, write and contribute to backend API services along with front-end Mobile Android & iOS products.
• Learn about the current testing infrastructure and frameworks that are currently in place for the mobile backend APIs
• Contribute and recommend solutions to any quality processes for the team based on your knowledge or skills that you bring to the table.
• Become familiar with all of the build pipelines and tools in order to facilitate improved testing gates for those pipelines.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
• Continue to expand your knowledge and explore new areas of technology that relate to improving our quality processes.
• Understand the vision of the Mobile frontend and backend quality processes.
• Take on larger projects that push the envelope of your skills.
• Work with Management to define your career goals/path and execute on them
Key Challenges to Overcome
In order to succeed you will need to demonstrate the ability to adapt to an ever-changing dynamic environment. Having and maintaining a positive attitude across teams and disciplines is a key to being continually successful here. There is a challenging set of technology stacks to learn and start to provide influence in changes in order to ensure quality for our end users.
What will make you successful at Webroot:
• A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
• Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
• Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
• High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
• Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
• Experience in one or more programming/script languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Swift, Python, C#, C++
• Solid understanding of Lambdas, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Gradle, and GitLab (CI/CD) pipelines
• Experience with development test tools (like Appium, UiAutomator, XCUITest), and automated testing of software components/objects
• Experience testing web micro-services and REST/gRPC API technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated and passionate about ensuring product release confidence and quality
For Colorado residents, this job is expected to pay in the range of $108,000.00 USD to $162,000.00 USD in addition to a comprehensive and competitive group benefit and healthcare plan. Individual compensation will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act
To apply for this job please visit careers.opentext.com.