Intern Software Development New York
Intern Software Development New York Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Software Development
Summer Internship – 6/7 – 8/20
Local applicants only, no housing assistance offered.
Internet Brands/Medscape is currently seeking a software developer intern. This position will be responsible for working closely with BI Infrastructure Team members to help analyze and comprehend reporting requests and requirements from the business, help design new capabilities and/or modify existing ones with changing business requirement/needs. It will not only be restricted to software development but also getting familiar with the BI’s data warehouse and writing database queries; performing upgrades to the Self Service Business Intelligence report objects; and resolving discrepancy problems if any. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Responsible for applications dealing with automated reporting applications, web tools, file maintenance routines and software packages. Requires some technical knowledge of all phases of software systems programming applications and collaboration for the rest of the team for further and applying the directions provided.
- Collaborate with BI personnel to understand business needs.
- Help develop implementation plans and timelines.
- Help develop Data Warehouse structures, applications and reports.
- Help unit test software and reports.
- Perform bug fixing, maintenance and upgrades to code.
- Data analysis.
- Maintain documentation for design and development work.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Working knowledge of at least one of Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server, Vertica. Other data storage technologies a plus.
- Working knowledge of some scripting languages like shell script, Perl, cgi, php, python and vi.
- Education: A student from information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.