Jobs in New York , software jobs in Bellingham, jobs in Bellingham, software jobs in New York, jobs in usa
Enersys Recruitment Drive 2021 Hiring For Unix Test Engineer I position | Bellingham
Enersys Recruitment Drive 2021 Hiring For Test Engineer I Position
Enersys Recruitment 2021 Details :
Company Profile : Enersys
Company Website : www.enersys.com
Job Position : Test Engineer I
Job Location : Bellingham, WA
Job Type : Temporary
Full Job Description
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Temporary position to support in Broadband Product verification, qualification and validation of our Power Supplies, Batteries, Cabinets, Gateways and embedded IP/networked products. Perform a variety of moderately to complex engineering tasks using standard and customized test tools as well as the ability to develop comprehensive test plans, test procedures, test reports, and detailed bug entries. Software skills are required to support automated test activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute test plans; coordinate and document systems level or component level qualification testing of network-based communication products (i.e. SNMP, DOCSIS, etc.) in both non-automated and automated test environments.
• Write detailed test reports, document feature/requirement deficiencies (A.K.A. bugs) with bug tracking tool, and other related Engineering documents.
• Work with Engineering, end users, Business Analysts and QA Analysts to clarify expected behavior of features and requirements.
• Prepare and maintain technical documentation and train developers in test-driven development.
• Ability to rapidly adapt to change.
• Perform rigorous Physical and Environmental testing, including (but not limited to) thermal chambers, RF testing, ESD, Surge, Vibration, HALT/ALT, and IP networking.
• Provide Energy Storage Engineering support
• Provide Mechanical Engineering to support Verification and Qualification testing
• Continuous research to keep up with new technologies and best practices.
• Ability to collaborate with team and stakeholders to derive options and solutions to problems
• Communicate with engineering group to develop testing procedures/methodologies.
• Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment.
• Familiarity with power electronic components
• Excellent testing, debugging, and analysis skills
• 1-3 years of LabVIEW, MATLAB, C/C++/C# software experience
• Detail-oriented and willing to take ownership of tasks, projects and resolution of problems.
• Self-directed and willing to respond to direct tasking.
• Excellent writing, verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
• Experience in embedded systems communications using I2C, SPI, RS-485, and/or Ethernet protocols experience a plus.
• Bachelor of Engineering from accredited university.
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
• Experience with test-driven development and associated tools and processes.
• Excellent communication (oral and written).
• Excellent analysis and design skills.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with network communication/routing protocols and the suite of TCP/IP tools (SNMP) a plus.
• Desired experience with DOCSIS specifications, basic RF power adjustments, IP routing, web and CLI based configuration utilities specific to each CMTS an asset
• Desired experience with LabView an asset.
General Job Requirements
• Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds/11.5 kilos on occasions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
EnerSys – Today
Apply before link expires
To apply for this job please visit jobs.enersys.com.