Discovery Recruitment 2022 | Freshers | Software Engineer | Bangalore
Discovery Recruitment 2022:
Discovery is the world’s leading non-fiction media company with a reach of three billion viewers in 220 countries.
The Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is an Engineering company within the Discovery brand. DTC’s engineering teams build applications for Web, Mobile, Connected TVs and Consoles/STBs covering features like Search, Playback, ML driven Recommendation, Subscriptions, Payments etc. We are building a Global Video Streaming Platform to support a broad collection of Discovery’s brands (Discovery, TLC, Motor Trend, Golf TV, Food Network, Eurosport, and many more) including the recently launched Discovery+. These applications are powered by a fleet of cloud-native microservices for Content Ingestion, Metadata processing, Video encoding & Ad Tech platform on AWS containers & serverless-compute.
Meet Our TeamDiscovery Recruitment 2022:
Apple Recruitment Drive | Freshers | Associates | 2021 Batch | Hyderabad
The Content Systems Engineering team builds the applications and services that power Discovery’s content supply chain. Our applications cover the entire breadth of the media supply chain, from idea to distribution. We have a robust global community of thousands of internal Discovery users who rely on our apps every day to get television produced, on the air, and onto Discovery+.
We’re looking for a developer who can be an integral part of our new development team in Discovery’s Bangalore office.
Job Details Discovery Recruitment 2022 :
Company Website: www.corporate.discovery.com
Positions: Software Development Engineer
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location : Banglore
Responsibilities Discovery Recruitment 2022:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build application service layers to support Discovery’s content supply chain
- Lead development of complex feature enhancements within the supply chain software
- Describe and defend your code decisions to other engineers, embrace constructive feedback, and adapt your approach to align with team and company standards and objectives.
- Offer enhancements to best practices, document and design improvements, and as feedback through code reviews to other engineers without continuous prompting or recurring encouragement. Other engineers appreciate your feedback.
- Troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace etc. to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it.
What to Bring :
- 0-3 years of work experience,High proficiency with technologies on our stack including Java (Spring), Node JS, Angular or Databases like PostgreSQL and SQL queries.
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed by the project requirements
- Experience working within a SAFe Agile team, collaborating with others to build software and iteratively improve it
- You have a proven track record of designing and building applications for media workflows, media catalogs, and asset registries
- You are an effective communicator, demonstrating this in your discussions with the team and stakeholders and through your documentation
- You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
- You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration. Your team trusts your work.
Qualifications Discovery Recruitment 2022
What We Offer:
- A Great Place to work
- Equal opportunity employer
- Fast track growth opportunities
Discovery is governed by our eight guiding principles:
We Are… One Team, Creative Dreamers, Doers. Consumer Obsessed. Global, Quick & Agile, Purposeful and We Do the Right Thing
Discovery’s Guiding Principles define the distinctive character, spirit and attitude of our organization. They inspire how we design our future and recruit talent.
Diversity & Inclusion Discovery Recruitment 2022:
Disclaimer: Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.discovery.com.