Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer
Salary : $122,200 a year
Job Type : Full-Time
Full Job Description
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python or Node including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- If you are passionate about securing the cloud, love analyzing large data sets, developing automated tools and processes, and have a passion for vulnerability management in a way nobody has ever done it before, look no further! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is expanding its Professional Services Engagement Security team to design and build a robust security automation framework. Successful candidates will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing innovative solutions that help our consultants move our customer’s workloads onto the cloud more effectively and securely. Successful candidates will be well versed in automation.
Work/Life Balance :
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth :
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience building scalable solutions on AWS
- Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures that will operate at potentially global scale.
- Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment
- Proficiency in developing software in a cloud-native environment
- Knowledge of Application Security principles and how they impact development and deployment of applications.
- Experience with Cloud Operational Excellence practices
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
For employees based in Colorado, the pay for this position starts at $122,200 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.