Almabase freshers recruitment drive 2020, Almabase offcampus drive, Freshers jobs in Bangalore , Fresher job openings, freshers jobs, offcampus jobs
Almabase Freshers Recruitment Drive 2020 Hiring For Software Engineer Intern Position- BE/BTech/MCA | Bangalore
Almabase Freshers Recruitment Drive 2020 Hiring For Software Engineer Intern Position- BE/BTech/MCA
Almabase Off Campus Freshers Recruitment Hiring: We are on a mission to make quality education affordable to everyone by helping schools increase their fundraising efficiency.
We believe in
• Democratizing quality education: Quality education is a great equalizer. We are on a mission to make quality education affordable to everyone by helping schools increase their fundraising efficiency. We derive our inspiration from actions like this
• Building a large profitable business: We envision building a capital-efficient, large profitable business to achieve our mission of democratizing quality education. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership with the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building value SaaS
• Employee Wellness <> Customer Success: We give as much importance to each team member’s personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer’s success. We believe it’s all about balance.
Our impact so far
• 3 million alumni connected
• 450,000 students impacted
• $3 million donations raised
• 54 million engagement opportunities created
• 32 months since profitability
• Achieved with a nimble team of 24
Job Profile: Software Engineer Intern (6 months)
Company Name: Almabase
Company Location: Bangalore, IN
Degree Needed: BE/BTech/MCA
While a single product was able to help us scale until this point, the company’s growth from here is based on a multi-product strategy. The way we’re scaling our product team is in-line with the company’s strategy. After all, we’re big believers in Conway’s law. So each product has its team of PMs and engineers. All of these products are powered by some core services, out of which some are built internally, and some are built by third-party vendors like getstream.io.
Think of these products as the three sources of revenue for the company. Your customers are schools and universities, and you will build your product to solve the problems faced by them.
Here are some examples of the projects in the different products.
• Server-side rendering.
• Online tickets and guest management workflows.
• Online fundraising workflows.
• Online Communities & Member Management
• Jobs Workflow & Application Management
• Online Directory & Facetted Search
• Integrate with CRMs like Salesforce & Raiser’s Edge.
• Work with ant design systems to build accessible react components.
So in this role, you will work with the respective team’s product manager and other engineers in that team. You may work on either front-end technology stack or back-end technology stack based on the requirement of the project & your skill set.
Your understanding of web technologies, object oriented programming & data structure will be put to the test. You will take up a project for a team and then move to another project.
Within 1 month you will
• Learn all aspects of our current product as part of your training.
• Setup the dev environment and push your first small piece of code to production.
• You’ll start developing your first feature both on front end and backend all by yourself. (With some guidance)
• Conduct your first review of a peer’s code.
Within 3 months you will
• Participate in several bug-bashes to get a deep understanding of all the new features we’re working on.
• You will plan the testing and documentation of your feature, integrate with CI/CD, deploy the feature to production.
• Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of new features.
Within 6 months you will
• You’ll launch two to three features to production.
• You’ll host bug bashes for your features and work with the quality engineer to set up functional testing workflows.
• You will present your work to all the whole team of Almabase towards the end of your Internship.
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, databases.
• Fundamentals of Web Application Development. Almabase is a SaaS Software. The products are available to our customers as a web application.
• Excellent verbal and written skills. The ability to explain sophisticated architectures to engineers, product managers, and support & operation executives.
Personality traits we really admire:
• Great attitude to ask questions and learn.
• Pays great attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
• Gives equal importance to planning, coding, code reviews, documentation, and testing.
• Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspective to help us move towards our goals faster.
• Our tech stack is Django framework(python), ReactJS & Redux, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Gulp, Webpack. Our platform is hosted on Azure Cloud.
Interview Process and Prep Notes:
• Data Structures and Problem Solving – Understanding of Data structures and Algorithms play a critical role as they help solve complex engineering problems. We expect you to know the fundamentals of Binary Tree, Linked List, Algorithm Design, Graphs.
• Coding Assessment – Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, Database Schema Design.
• Culture Round – Be yourself. It works out better for everyone if we’re genuine and can see if we’re a cultural fit for each other. As each one of us is focused on our mission, understanding whether or not you share the same passion is pivotal to us as a team.
• Founder Round – The last round with the founders is more of an opportunity for you to be yourself. This round helps us evaluate how we both can mutually benefit each other.
Apply Before the link Expires for Alma
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.